[addon] Classifier

Awesome!

1 Like

v. 0.2.2

Changed Lccn to LLPC and LPLC in the default list.
It shouldn’t effect any existing lists.

Be careful, if you already have some cells classified and decide to restore the default labels. Because there are two new labels in place of one old, the second part of the list of labels will be shifted by one, while the list of the classified cells will stay in the same place.

2 Likes

You’re probably aware but just in case it is an isolated issue, right clicking on the color patch no longer triggers this addon’s menu after the HQ update.

I wasn’t aware of the problem. Thanks for reporting it :slight_smile:

In v. 0.3 (already uploaded) it should work ok.

2 Likes

v. 0.4

Added some keyboard shortcuts:
q, w, e, r, t, y - adds the first visible segment to one of the first six labels (e.g. “q” add segments to the first, label, “w” - to 2nd, etc.)
d - removes the first visible segment
x - hides highligthed* segment

visible = has its checkbox marked
highlighted = has the orange border around it

I have been using these shortcuts for a while and found them extremely useful for speeding up the classification, especially, when dividing into further subgroups, e.g. when I have T4 and T5 cells, I assign the first label as T4 and the second as T5 and the show one cell at a time. When I know, which type it is, I just press q, d, if it’s T4 or w, d, if T5 and can show/check the next cell and so on.

*The x shortcut is useful in combination with the “Ctrl+right-click on segment in 2D or 3D” functionality. It helps, when you have a bunch of segments and want to quickly select only some. To do it, show all the segments, then Ctrl+right-click to highlight its entry in the list on the right. Next, press the “x” button and the segment will be hidden. This way you don’t have to go with your mouse cursor to the list and back.
When you have all the segments, you wanted, hidden, you can then use the “actions” menu to either open all the hidden segments in a new tab or copy their IDs.

There’s a little caveat - the “e” and “r” keys are already assigned to rotation of the 3D view, so when you press them, the view will rotate slightly either to the left or to the right. I found it to be only a minor issue. Unfortunately, afaik, it’s impossible to fix it in an easy way.

z is a shortcut to center the view so maybe you could ad that command at the end? after pressing e and r?

i have not really used the classifier script, but using shortcuts sounds like a great idea.
when having a lot of cells in the menu i find that it is very difficult to find the segment you want in the list. if you can hide highlighted segments is it possible to also use the classifier on highlighted segements/ where the cursor is, instead of the right menu?

1 Like

The e and r rotate only the 3D and only around the z axis. However, the z shortcut resets the view to a predefined position, so if you had rotated your 3D to something else, it would change it to that specific view. However, I could try do something similar - call the command associated with the “e” button after pressing the “r” button and vice versa.

For quick finding segments in the list, is Ctrl + right-click on the segment in 2D or 3D. It will highlight that segment in the list with an orange border.

I guess, It should be possible to add an option to switch between the targets for the shortcuts: either the first visible segment or the highlighted segment. Maybe I’ll play with the idea later.

1 Like

v 0.4.1

@st0ck53y added blocking the shortcuts in all the input fields (e.g. chat). Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

v 0.5

Added Ctrl+Q shortcut to undo last classification (works only one step back)
Added use of the left and right arrows to move between segments
Added an option to switch between classifing the first checked or the highlighted element when using shortcuts (q-y)
Added an option to turn off the arrows shortcuts
Partially fixed the issue with the 3D being rotated after pressing e or r keys. Now it still rotates but then rotates back to its previous position. It’s still visible, but probably less problematic than the previous solution.

When using the arrow shortcuts, the program will find the first checked (visible) segment, then uncheck (hide) all the other segments and then check (show) only the segment before/after the first found.
It might be problematic, when you have a list with some cells checked and some unchecked and accidentally press one of the arrows, hence the option to turn the shortcuts off.
When no segment is checked, the first one on the list will be selected.
When you click the right arrow on the last segment, it still be checked. Same with the left arrow and the first segment.

The undo functionality doesn’t work after a refresh (it won’t remember the element, that was classified as the last one before the refresh). I’ve decided, it’s too minor thing to make it persistent across refreshes.

2 Likes

v 0.5.1

When the “classify highlighted” option in the Dock is checked, now also the “d” (delete) and “x” (check/uncheck) shortcuts work on the highlighted segment. If it’s not checked, they work on the first checked segment.

v 0.5.2

Added 2 options:

• delete segment automatically after classifying it (using one of the “q”-“y” shortcuts)
  • automatically jump to the next segment after deleting the previous one (using the “d” shortcut)

v 0.5.3

Added a confirmation dialog when removing cells from the list.
I did it, because I’ve just accidentally removed the effect of about 10hrs of my work, lol.

1 Like

v 0.5.4

Added a small fix for the top button (formerly known as “Get classified cells”) to make it smaller:

3 Likes