FlyWire papers are out today in Nature!

I am pleased to share that the FlyWire paper package has been published today in a special edition of Nature!

It includes 8 Research Articles and 1 Analysis, as well as additional publications in Nature Neuroscience and Nature Communications.

Explore the collection here: The FlyWire connectome

You can also check out this FlyWire news twitter thread which has one post per article:
https://x.com/FlyWireNews/status/1841514454162538632

Nature also built a connectome homepage: The FlyWire connectome: neuronal wiring diagram of a complete fly brain and has released a News & Views and Editorial on the collection.

The paper package has been covered in The New York Times, The Guardian, and many other media outlets. I hear there is a Polish outlet working on a feature of Krzystztof :slight_smile:

None of this would be possible without you, the amazing FlyWire community. Thank you for being a part of FlyWire. Together we have demonstrated the power of massively open collaborative science and pushed forward the field of biology and made another big leap forward for citizen science!

5 Likes

Congrats everyone! To mooooaaar neurons!

3 Likes

And here’s the article about my participation in Eyewire projects :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello! As I mentioned on Friday during our Twitch stream, here’s the info if anyone would like to order a physical copy of the issue of Nature in which the FlyWire papers are published.

Order single issues of copies through here: Nature Portfolio Journals: Single Issue Order Form : Springer Nature Support

Here’s the journal issue info: Volume 634 Issue 8032, 3 October 2024

PS. Your names are in print on pages 138 and 180 in the physical print issue :wink:

1 Like

For those of you who love digital print, please note that all the digital papers are Open Access which means there is no “paywall” for those publications and anyone can view those papers. So you can freely share the papers you were authors on with your friends and family.

You are also welcome to “Download the PDF” version of these papers for free and print them on your own :slight_smile:

:tada: Here are the two main papers that Flyers are authors on :tada:

Neuronal wiring diagram of an adult brain

Neuronal parts list and wiring diagram for a visual system

2 Likes