Technical Questions/suggestions

Hey,
Is there any option to force a complete load for a cell ?
FlyWire consume all my 200gb 4G data, and i do not have alternative but my ADSL 8mb …
I would like to let a cell loading when i’m not on my computer.

Edit : perhaps loading high definition images only ?

1 Like

I know how it feels (10-15mbps here). What helped me to speed up playing is that I changed the quality of the images to little lower. In the “Maryland-Image” panel settings I’ve changed resolution to 5px 19/19. The quality is a little granular (I work at 300nm in the left panel), but it’s good enough to check larger branches, e.g. the main trunk and the loading is much faster.
Unfortunately, as for now, I didn’t find any way to load whole cell at once or all pictures and chunks. It might be problematic, because the cells are often incomplete at the beginning and Neuroglancer would have to know, which parts to load even before you merge them into the main cell.

3 Likes

really cool to know for the 5px resolution ! thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you again ! it load much much faster and consume a lot less of data !
As always KK, you’re my savior :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Also, if you want to change brightness or contrast of the slices, you can edit the shader code in the same Settings.
For example, if you want to increase contrast a little bit, modify the code to:

void main() {
  emitGrayscale(toNormalized(getDataValue()) * 1.1);
}

Where 1.0 is the normal contrast, everything below is less, and everything above is more.

If you want to change brightness, you can do similar thing, but use “+” sign instead of “*”:

void main() {
  emitGrayscale(toNormalized(getDataValue()) + 0.1);
}

Where 0.0 is normal brightness, values below 0.0 are darker and above 0.0 - lighter.

I found, I like my contrast set to 1.1.

3 Likes

Really cool ! thanks for the tip :ok_hand:

Would you have any idea for having a better resolution mesh ?

I’ve already been looking for that. As for now, I think, this is the best resolution possible and if there were better, the “Resolution (mesh)” setting would show more vertical bars, not only the red one.
But maybe there is a way (probably no), I will look around.

1 Like

Currently, there is only one set mesh resolution. Development would need to be done to make multi-resolution meshes.

1 Like

Anyone could tell me what “concurrent chunk request” is about ?

Sans-titre-1

windows visible when you right click on the head bar

I would assume it means how many chunks are loaded at once. A chunk is a section of supervoxels, segmented for processing as far as I know.

2 Likes

Yes. A chunk can be:

• 64^3 voxel block of volumetric data;
  • a fragment of a triangular mesh representation of an object;
  • the list of mesh fragments making up a full object;
  • a line segment (skeleton) representation of an object.

In the first one case it’s a block containing supervoxels. If you deselect all you current traces, so the 2D panel is colorful, and zoom to, lets say, 750nm, you can see the chunks - straight lines cut through the supervoxels forming squares. Those squares are 2D representations on chunks.
The other cases are self explanatory.

2 Likes

Yep, it load area much faster if i reduce the number !
I try “8” for a 300nm zoom and it look quite effective

2 Likes

Hey,
Is that normal flywire crunch 6Gb of data in only two hours ??
Even if i let the tab just open and do not pan/zoom, it still download every seconds

There is a WebSocket open for the chat, but it shouldn’t take any data, if there’s no talking and even them, that should be single bytes.
Other things that automatically update are leaderboard, user statistics and user info, but that’s still a couple KBs a minute, at most.
Other than that, I don’t see any network activity.
So the answer is: no, that’s (probably) not normal to eat so much data passively during that time.

Edit: the amount of data is more probable for some HD stream.

1 Like

Hi there !
First I’m happy to say i finally have fiber internet at home :hugs: :hugs: :star_struck: 1Gbs mouaahahahah :melting_face:
So i’ll be able to work properly in september, back from vacations.

So, i would like to know if there’s possibility to merge segments directly from “Segments Selection” in rendering panel ?
I think adding a “merge selected segments” would be very usefull. In some cells i lose a bunch of time to merge every segments i added.

2 Likes

i think that would work badly from how i understand the merging process, but understand the why you would like it.
when merging two pieces together you would like too chose a point that is as close as possible to where they should merge, since they will be merged at the points you chose regardless of where they actually fit together.
if for some reason the segments would need too be splitted later it would be very confusing where too splitt it if they are merged at another point than the obvious.

2 Likes

Hi Kfay,

Congrats on the fiber internet! :checkered_flag:

As for your suggestion, annkri is correct in that the merge action is merging 2 supervoxels together (not just the segments). Segments are made up of multiple supervoxels. This is why sometimes you have to find the correct supervoxel merge point between two segments when splitting. In FlyWire, you are editing the supervoxels, rather than Eyewire where you are editing the segments.

Hope that helps!
-M.

2 Likes

If the brain mesh tab is opened during claiming a new cell, the mesh of the brain is removed (the segment with ID = 1 is being deleted, the tab is still there).

3 Likes

I let Kai know and he’s going to look into it - has to do with how the segments are all cleared when you are served a new cell to proofread from the queue.

2 Likes