Wish list to make the game more user friendly

idk if its been mentioned here before, but id like it if admins and everyone else (users/players) had 2 diff. colours in in-game chat, idk if game’ll have mods etc later on for more colours, but the admins having their normal goldie colour would help.

1 Like

For now, only the 3 people from the top 3 places in the leaderboard have different colors.

The thing that bothers me most is that hovering over slides at all unfocuses chat. The amount of times I’ve clicked on that window, moved my mouse away out of habit, and then accidentally hid my axes, or rotated my perspective, or opened up the hotkeys menu, is probably already nearing triple digits.

6 Likes

i agree w the above 100%, and also i’ll agree w @JousterL (in chat), wish we had a button to refresh the mesh (after a split /merge) rather than having to refresh the whole page.

2 Likes

An idea:
From time to time, make a cell a “community cell”, where we all could work on it at the same time. I’m thinking about those huge cells, we get from time to time, where it can take a couple of days for a single player to complete it.
I admit, I didn’t think much about it, about possible downsides, etc… Just a thought.

3 Likes

I like this idea, and im thinking if this isnt something ‘we’ (players) can start? I mean: “I” (or anyone else) get a -new- cell, I write it up in the chat or q/a sheet as you did and give ‘permission’ for anyone wanting to help add flowers or find connections, then once finished “I”/person who started it gets final completion. But maybe if admins/HQ like the idea they can think of another/better way to implement this.

1 Like

I think, if admins don’t have anything against it, we could do it on our own. And if they want to do it as some sort of an official event (like Marathon in EW), that could work too. Maybe with some official UI to that with a table with a number of edits from each pleayer, a timer, etc.
They could also prepare a list with such cells, so it woudln’t be an accidental thing (e.g. “oh, I have a big cell, lets make it a community one”).
It would also be good, if someone wants to have finished such a large cell, but doesn’t have much time. And, as always - more eyes on a cell, better results.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea, please sit tight while GMs and possibly others discuss, we’ll get back to you!

3 Likes

i am thinking if we do this it would be usefull to activly use chat and share links, to say what area you are working in, found flower etc so person 1 is not looking for a connection when person 2 already found it, but perhaps not yet merged yet

1 Like

We would have to look at the lighbulb more often to see, if something has already changed and then update a cell.
Actually, just now, I’m thinking, maybe it would be possible to add a feature to one of my scripts to auto-update a cell, if the bulb is black (as an option) or, at least, display somewhere an easily visible notification, that a cell needs an update.

1 Like

This is a great idea! I don’t see why you couldn’t work together on a cell.

3 Likes

Hi all, just wanted to update that we are in the process of adapting this community cell concept. Thank you Krzysztof! Please give us only a bit longer as we finalize a new tab on the Q&A Log sheet. Someone will update again when it’s ready for use!

3 Likes

I wonder if the screens/windows from the lightbulb (changelog, complete cell etc) couldnt/cant be an in-same-tab/in-game popup vs new tab/window which pops up and then I can close when no longer needed (ie: changelog) or auto-closes when its done (ie: submit completed cell success), would save some time in having to close all those tabs/windows, it’s not a game-breaker by any means but itd be a nice QUoLm a second or two per tab close can accumulate fast when we’re doing several cells a day.

1 Like

i think it is dangerous too autoclose them since relativly often you get the thank you message at the inn game popup, but in the new tap it is a failure. with autoclose you will miss that.

Unless you get the lightbulb icon to change instantly

2 Likes

can do w/o the auto-close lol, still would be nice to have it as a pop-up instead of a new tab.

1 Like

I would love it if in a cell we’ve edited and/or completed there was a function similar to the review in eyewire, where we could see what we added/removed and/or what others added/removed inside a ‘cube’, i mean there’s no cubes in FW but something similar, ik i can use the changelog to see whats been added/removed but its not the most user friendly ever having to show/hide segs to see what was taken out/in etc and the time function…is cumbersome lol

1 Like