What type of cell it is?

yeah agree it looking like Tm 23, but meshes have the be of with a good margin if that is in lobula

1 Like

I was trying to evaluate that basing on the 2D view, but couldn’t really tell, where is LO and where starts LOP on the slides. Maybe you could give it a try.

1 Like

Might be an LPi3-4 (or maybe a LPi4-3?)

(yours on left, identified as LPi3-4 on right)
https://ngl.flywire.ai/?json_url=https://globalv1.flywire-daf.com/nglstate/6048184610586624

4 Likes

yes, looks like that is the one, do you have any better source for LPi than fishback?

1 Like

I found this description on FlyBase for LPi3-4:

A lobula plate intrinsic neuron whose cell body is on the cell body rind of medulla. The primary neurite traverses the medulla, from distal to proximal and terminates in lobula plate layers 3 and 4. It has presynaptic terminals in layer 4 and postsynaptic ones in layer 3. It outputs onto the vertical system neurons in layer 4 (Mauss et al., 2015). It is a glutamatergic neuron (Mauss et al., 2016)

Sounds pretty similar.

4 Likes

I found it based on the image @AzureJay posted yesterday, although there are very few identified in FW so far, so partly luck too

Here’s the cited article with the photo of LPi3-4:

3 Likes

i guess this is the only way to say this is a LPi 3-4 then

1 Like

Just to circle back on the ‘farm’ idea and worrying about cells getting lost in the thread: why don’t we just start a new tab on the Q/A sheet for cell ID?

4 Likes

I like it. Owner, owner’s comment, link to FW, status and field for comments/guesses. That should be enough to make it work.

4 Likes

Created a tab in the gsheet, refining it now.

EDIT: Refinied, lmk what y’all think.

3 Likes

Looks good, although can we add a dropdown selection to the status column too? Otherwise I think it’ll work out nicely.

4 Likes

Done.

(more characters b/c it doesn’t like only less than 20 ignore this parathesis lol)

3 Likes

@Nseraf Awesome!

(ignore this parenthesis too) :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@admins what do we do if we find already identified cells are wrong?
i would say that all of the ones here Sign in - Google Accounts
is lawf2 cells since fishback is not showing that second arbour going upward on any of the mi cells, not sure about first entry by lucy since that one is just ending in a nub

4 Likes

i find that if i add more cells i am unsure of too the same tab with for instance Tm cells it would be easier to compare different cells and will probably turn in more of the same type. when we then find out what type of cell it is we could identify all of the ones with the same type instead of having a separate entry for each cell. but it ofc make it difficult to have a discussion on the gsheet.

2 Likes

i wonder if we couldnt do this, not the mis-identification bit lol, but in that link in your post the first cell is “Mi editing not complete” so i wonder if we couldnt do the same with some of our cells, ie: C2 Soma missing" etc.

You are thinking about the ones in the black spill area? think the admins did already say we should not complete those. the ones i have seen with comments about missing soma, not completly proofreed etc looks complete, but might have some corrupted volume where part of the soma is or something like that. The ones that are not completly proofreed looks complete to me.

2 Likes

yeah those and yeah i know, but hey if the researchers are doing so…? I mean i wont w/o permission but was just wondering/thinking about it.

Random aside here, I fixed the setting so that the minimum is 7 characters for a post now :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes