What type of cell it is?

since we have 5000+ that is not identified with green lightbulb i would say Hq would have some algorithm to find those cell and set them in a queue for identification. For now i would think we could either identify any cell we complete or add it in a farm. some of the cells are easy to find general type but not the specific like Tm cells. and when the cell is identified it get removed from farm?

3 Likes

yeah that could work.

Found this

do not think i have seen a cell like this with the arbour in lobula plate and cb going trough medulla

3 Likes

Tm 24 maybe?

[more characters, because post has to have at least 20 characters, lol]

1 Like

all the Tm i have see goes into lobula not the lobula plate

1 Like

Right. Didn’t read carefully and from the picture, it looked like the arborization might be in the lobula.
Interesting case.

1 Like

forgot to add the link FlyWire

2 Likes

Now, looking at the arborization, I’d say, it’s close to Tm 23, which has it’s nubs close to LOP, but, ofc, not in it. I’d say, either the brain and neuropils’ meshes aren’t 100% correct, or it’s indeed, a cell unkown to us, Flyers.

1 Like

yeah agree it looking like Tm 23, but meshes have the be of with a good margin if that is in lobula

1 Like

I was trying to evaluate that basing on the 2D view, but couldn’t really tell, where is LO and where starts LOP on the slides. Maybe you could give it a try.

1 Like

Might be an LPi3-4 (or maybe a LPi4-3?)

(yours on left, identified as LPi3-4 on right)
https://ngl.flywire.ai/?json_url=https://globalv1.flywire-daf.com/nglstate/6048184610586624

4 Likes

yes, looks like that is the one, do you have any better source for LPi than fishback?

1 Like

I found this description on FlyBase for LPi3-4:

A lobula plate intrinsic neuron whose cell body is on the cell body rind of medulla. The primary neurite traverses the medulla, from distal to proximal and terminates in lobula plate layers 3 and 4. It has presynaptic terminals in layer 4 and postsynaptic ones in layer 3. It outputs onto the vertical system neurons in layer 4 (Mauss et al., 2015). It is a glutamatergic neuron (Mauss et al., 2016)

Sounds pretty similar.

4 Likes

I found it based on the image @AzureJay posted yesterday, although there are very few identified in FW so far, so partly luck too

Here’s the cited article with the photo of LPi3-4:

3 Likes

i guess this is the only way to say this is a LPi 3-4 then

1 Like

Just to circle back on the ‘farm’ idea and worrying about cells getting lost in the thread: why don’t we just start a new tab on the Q/A sheet for cell ID?

4 Likes

I like it. Owner, owner’s comment, link to FW, status and field for comments/guesses. That should be enough to make it work.

4 Likes

Created a tab in the gsheet, refining it now.

EDIT: Refinied, lmk what y’all think.

3 Likes

Looks good, although can we add a dropdown selection to the status column too? Otherwise I think it’ll work out nicely.

4 Likes