[addon] Cell Identification Helper

Yes, when there’s an error and the server works, it usually means, that the cell is outdated. If a cell has already been identified, then everything will work ok, there will just be two labels for it.
As for the ability to copy all the cells - sure, that shouldn’t be hard.
As for the list of all cells with a given label - I’ll see, but should also be too hard.

2 Likes

Hey i think my utilities addon dock is obscuring the cell identification dock. Their buttons appear to be on top of each other. I tried resizing the dock they are still stacked somehow.
dock_problems

Click the “O” (for Organize) button in the top right corner. Then you can drag each addon by its title and put it wherever you want. When you drop it, it will save its position.

2 Likes

Thanks it worked! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey I was wondering if there is a way to have two different cell types macroed to the - and / buttons. Often times I am going through some cells and I know they are one type but I am unsure of a similar candidate and need to label it putative. I label these types using the lightbulb. It would be super cool to have one button for one type and the other button for the other type. I ran into cases when using the codex to find cells that it would usually turn up two types as well consistently. Multiple macros would be helpful in that situation as well. Having the ability to have two, three, or even more cell types at a buttons press would be super. If it’s impossible, to hard/inefficient I totally get that. I’m just thinking out loud here. Hope all is well! :smiley: (P.S. Is there a limit to the amount of cells I can add to the list before I should hit the submit all button? I’ve been adding no more than 10 at a time.)

The Classifier addon is probably better for this. I doesn’t label cells, but allows you to quickly sort cells into several categories. And, when you’re done with classifying, you can label all cells from each category using this here addon.
Using the Classifier addon, you can set up to 30 different categories. First six of them are quickly accessible via shortcuts: q, w, e, r, t, y.

You can set the addon like this:
Then, to add a cell to a given category, Ctrl+right_click on it to highlight it (it now should have an orange border in the right-panel list) and then press one of the keys mentioned above. The cell will be removed from the workspace and added to the list. To access all the lists, press the “Get classified” button at the top bar of FW.

I usually add no more than 200-250 cells to the list. There isn’t any hard limit. It’s just, that, when there’re more cells to be submitted, the server sometimes can’t handle all the requests and you’ll get some errors. If such thing happens, just wait unitl all the non-error requests are finished and then press the “Submit all” button to resubmit the “errored” ones.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at the Classifier addon and test it out. Thanks this is really helpful!

1 Like

I’m getting a 404 not found when I try to download the Classifier addon.

That’s weird.
This link works for me without a problem: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ChrisRaven/FlyWire-Classifier/main/Classifier.user.js

1 Like

That link works for me! :smiley: thanks again

1 Like

Once I classified some cells and I want to label them what’s best way to use the identifier addon for that?

I’d say, the bigger the list of the same type, the better (it’s easier to mark many cells of the same type during one session, that switching between cell types). When you have the list copied from the Classifier addon, just paste all the IDs directly to FW or use my newest addon - Splitter - to do it in smaller batches. After that, just mark the cells one by one.
Do to it quickly, click the “Get cells” button in the Dock and set the “Current label” to the label, you want to add to all your cells (don’t forget to save it). Then position the cursor in each cell, you want to label and press either “-” or “/” key. If a green square shows for a second in the top left corner of the workspace, the cells has been added to the list. To mark the cells, you don’t have to have the 2D opened, just go through your cells in 3D. Be sure, to “sunk” the 3D cursor a little into a cell, so it isn’t on the surface. The reason is that, neighbouring cells share some of their surface coords (if 2 cells touch eachother, they can have the same coordinations for some of the points on the surface). When you’ve marked, say 200 cells (can be less, can be more, of course), then go back to the “Get cells” dialog and “Submit all”.

I just read the post about the splitter, I think I will try to learn that one tomorrow since we are using big lists right now. One addon a day for me :crazy_face: So I’ll just past the large list of cells then go 1 by 1 with the identifier in a new tab. Sounds good :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve added a cell twice and one cell by mistake. is there a way to spot remove a cell from the list of classified cells?

Unfortunately, currently, there isn’t a way to do it. I’m planning to add it in the future.

1 Like

ok cool I’ll be more carful :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know how tough it would be, sorry if i’m asking to many requests xD Though… I was thinking that a number tracker for cells in the Get Cells list would be helpful so we could compare it with the cell number indicator in the segment list to check if you macro labeled them all. Just a thought xD

3 Likes

Good idea. I’ll might add it in the future. In the meantime, you can open the Get Cells list, then open the Console, paste this line:

document.querySelectorAll('#kk-identifier-cells-table .id').length

and press Enter
It should show you the number of the entries.

2 Likes

Oooo nice! Thanks again :smiley:

1 Like

My other co-worker used this link to. When he couldn’t use the main link. Just a heads up :wink:

1 Like