What type of cell it is?

Damn, you’re right. I don’t know, what I was thinking marking them as Y’s. They’re more like a TmY.
I’ve seen that picture of Y11, and somehow thought - “Yes, that’s exactly like my cell” xD.

2 Likes

@Krzysztof_Kruk Lol, okay that clears it up…no worries, I got your back, KK. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Krzysztof_Kruk Now that you mention it though, I’m still very curious about that cell group you found (i.e. the cells that you were referring to above). I spent some time searching, but haven’t found anything that matches them yet…it’s that lone neurite that travels far away from the cell and terminates elsewhere (like a C cell) that really makes that group unique (based on what I have seen so far). Very interesting discovery! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I’ve also compared them to all the cells known to us and didn’t find a match. I’m trying to find other sources. Unfortunately, most of the articles are paywalled, but I’m not giving up :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Krzysztof_Kruk lol…we may end up naming it “type KK” :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Actually, I’m starting to think, that these might be TmY(new)1 cells from this post:

1 Like

@Krzysztof_Kruk Agreed…that is the closest thing I have seen, yet.

1 Like

I wonder (if this is indeed correct identifiation), how we should name these: Tm Ynew1, TmY(new)1, TmY1 (new) or something entirely different, lol.

1 Like

Tmywhonamedthispoop :stuck_out_tongue: jk!

2 Likes

@Krzysztof_Kruk Yeah, there are definitely some open questions on how to classify some of these cells. For example, I just realized last night that the Fischbach paper defines like 4 different variants of Tm5 as the SAME cell type, but to me they look entirely different, lol…so, not sure how to classify those, at the moment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG, there are, indeed, 4 different Tm5 cells :smiley: I mean, they are similar in the medulla part, but the ednings in lobula are very different. Interesting :smiley:

2 Likes

@Krzysztof_Kruk Ikr, lol! When I came across that last night I was like, “Yep, that’s it, I’m done for tonight”. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Another little weirdo, I have problem with identifing. It sits completely within lobula (well, actually, a little bit outside of it), so probably a Lobula Intrinsic (Li), but none of the two examples in Fischbach look even remotely similar.

https://ngl.flywire.ai/?json_url=https://globalv1.flywire-daf.com/nglstate/5241040667672576

2 Likes

I feel like this would be a Lobula Intrinsic just based on its location (I don’t think it is far enough ‘outside’ of the lobula to be considered Lc or Lt) but agree that it does not match with Li1 or Li2. There are other Li types that we don’t have documentation of here yet, so I’ll go see what I can find and drop it in our visual cell thread.

Edit: I can find at least references up to Li19, but I cannot find illustrations or examples past Li4. Looks like we’ll need some help from HQ on this problem!

3 Likes

Had an idea, what if we create 2 different ‘farms’ of cells where we (players and/or admins) add cells there (completed ones, not standalone cbs/backbones/branches etc),

1st farm: unknown and/or uncertain type(s).
2nd farm: identified cells we are sure and/or have submitted identification through the lightbulb

attach annotation layer to each so that each cell can have its own annotation with notes like “is this ?” or “suspected LAWF” for 1st or “C2” “L5” etc for 2nd.

Would it (not) help better than posting here where eventually (and very speedily) each picture/question gets 'buried"?

every time anyone commits a change re-shares new link and we use this or a new thread to discuss as we have…

If the farm(s) get so populated that become cumbersome for some PC/Laptops then sub-farms can be created (Unknown Types 2, 3, 4 etc)

3 Likes

i can see the reason for adding a farm for unknown cells, but not as sure about the ones that are known?
we are completing about 100 cells a day so a farm would probably be overpopulated very fast.
i would propose to add one farm for each main type of cell + completely unknown+ a new Gsheet with a tab for each farm with links.
we could even set a time, where we together (players) go trough the farm trying to find what type the different cells are (possible with voice/video+ chat) since we would need to get cells out of the farm regulary to not overpopulate it

1 Like

we are completing 100 cells per day each yes, but until we become more certain of what is what idk if we’ll/we’re also identifying 100 per day, reason for identified (in my mind) is so that we all know which ones have already been submitted for identification/identified and we dont spend time going over the same cell(s).

I agree w gsheet tab and time setting. Can be a weekly thing <next monday at ##:## UTC community identifying etc discussion."

1 Like

since we have 5000+ that is not identified with green lightbulb i would say Hq would have some algorithm to find those cell and set them in a queue for identification. For now i would think we could either identify any cell we complete or add it in a farm. some of the cells are easy to find general type but not the specific like Tm cells. and when the cell is identified it get removed from farm?

3 Likes

yeah that could work.

Found this

do not think i have seen a cell like this with the arbour in lobula plate and cb going trough medulla

3 Likes